The Intercultural Greek Council (IGC), established in 2002 as the Multicultural Greek Council, is the governing council for all culturally-based and multicultural fraternities and sororities represented and recognized at the University of Connecticut. The IGC unites its member organizations and through mutual respect and equality will accomplish the following goals:
- Advocate the needs and interests of all member organizations to advance and support their independent and mutual goals
- Provide a forum for communication and collaboration to encourage cooperation and harmony among member organizations.
- Enforce campus expectations and the mutually high standards of its member organizations to ensure viable and valuable contributions to the University.
- Introduce initiatives that foster citizenship, friendship, leadership, scholarship, and the further personal development of individual members and the University community.
- Promote cultural awareness and positively represent the underrepresented student community.
2021 Executive Committee
Interested in Joining an IGC Organization?
All interested in joining a fraternity or sorority at UConn must complete The First Step: An Orientation for Potential New Members and pass the quiz with a score of 20. Once you have completed the orientation, we encourage you to reach out to the chapter to find out more information about membership.