Fraternities and sororities are an integral part of the UConn student experience through educational and social enrichment. We strive to develop the individual members of every fraternity and sorority to become values-driven contributors to a larger society. While many of UConn’s fraternities and sororities are providing a quality membership experience, it is essential to set expectations that challenge these organizations to continuously pursue excellence. Our goal is for chapters to spread excellence to each of their members in order for every student to grow intellectually and become a contributing member of the local, national, and world communities.
These expectations reflect the values of inter/national fraternities and sororities, the UConn fraternity and sorority community, and UConn as a whole. Fraternities and sororities will be encouraged to develop in each of these areas throughout the semester. With the support of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, chapters will set goals that push their chapter to new standards. Then, throughout the semester, chapters will work to execute these goals.
Chapter Accreditation Minimum Requirement
To be accredited, a chapter must successfully earn 70% of the applicable accreditation points during the semester. Points can be earned by participating in events, completing educational programs, and submitting University requested documentation on time. Groups that fail to be accredited more than once in any three consecutive semesters will lose University recognition.
|Accredited||70% and above|
Documents & Templates
- Chapter Accreditation Program (2017)
- Chapter Goals Action Plan Template
- Community Service & Philanthropy Report
- Chapter Officer Update (due first Friday of semester)
- Notice of Intake & New Member Education (due first Friday of semester)
- Chapter Sponsored Educational Program Proposal (submit at least 5 business days prior to the event)
- Chapter Sponsored Educational Program Reflection (submit at least 5 business days after the event)